Cellphone spy apps are more common than one would think. Do you think someone is spying on you? Phone hacked? Read below to learn more about iPhone spyware detection from an investigator in Alabama.
The most common advice is to look for the following signs on your iPhone:
- Battery drains faster than usual
- Battery gets very hot
- Unusual text messages / symbols out of nowhere
- Anything weird that just appears
- Buzzing sound
- Always online
Taking it a step further…. There are different types of iPhone spyware. IPhone spyware has been commercialized over recent years, can be bought for as little as $20 and can be installed in under 5 minutes by a non-technical person. Having some knowledge of the 3 types spyware will help you know what to look for.
3 main types of iPhone spyware:
1. Spyware App: This is the most common. In order for an attacker to install this type of spyware on an iPhone, the device must first be Jailbroken which can be invisible to detect almost.
2. Masque Attack: There has been media coverage over the recent years that questions if jailbreaking is even required for this type of spyware. Essentially a spyware app is hidden and masked by another app already on your phone. (News, weather etc.) Apple released a security update (8.04) to help try to prevent these.
3. iCloud Backup Attack: The first and second types of iPhone Spyware both require malicious code to be installed on the device, which can be detected upon examination. However, an iCloud Backup Attack works slightly differently and can be performed without having access to the target device. To pull off this type of attack one will need to signup to a service such as mSpy and enter the target’s iCloud email address and password. As long as the target device is configured to backup to iCloud the attacker will then have access to the iPhone’s text messages, call logs, WhatsApp history and more. This type of attack is difficult to detect for the average person.
Our agency has the knowledge tools to detect these types of spyware installed. Call us for a free consultation. 251.272.3499